freeradius + firebird, how install in Ubuntu Linux

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Aug 22 17:20:01 CEST 2014

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 9:55 PM, Антон - <mongoostic at yandex.ru> wrote:

> And question about why we are using firebird database.
> The reason is very simple, out billing software begun develops long ago,
> and for historical reasons used firebird database engine. This software was
> developed inside the company, and modernization of it is a complex process
> in which we do not need, except that we can't use freeradius,
> unfortunately, in production. May be only after full testing, may be. It is
> a pity that the module is still experimental, eh.

whether FR module is marked stable or not sometimes depend on whether how
people have use it. More people -> more testing -> more bugs gets
discovered and fixed.

If you simply want to use FR with firebird, and don't want to use anything
not marked stable, then you could probably configure unixodbc with firebird
and use freeradius-iodbc/freeradius-odbc module.

--
Fajar