freeradius2 + iODBC + Informix

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Dec 2 23:11:23 CET 2014

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 8:05 PM, vanish <vanishox at coltel.ru> wrote:

> Hello,
>         Please help me set up  freeradius2 + iODBC + Informix
>         (I'm newbie in freeradius).
>
>         Step 1:
>          - I installed unixODBC on test-machine
>          - I installed informix-csdk for connect to Informix Database
>         Server (Driver)
>

>          - Everything is allright.

You've setup informix with unixodbc ..

>         Step 2:
>          - I try to install freeradius-iodbc module to connect to
>         Informix Database Server

>         The following packages will be REMOVED:
>          unixodbc  unixodbc-dev

... but then remove unixudbc and use iodbc instead.

>          - Where did I go wrong?

iodbc and unixodbc are two different things. FR (the source) supports both,
but can only be built for one of them.

Since now that you have iodbc installed, try configuring it again so that
you can use isql correctly. It should be driver-compatible to some degree.

If that doesn't work (e.g. because the library versions as different), then
you need to build FR from source (or edit the package recipe and rebuild
it) so that it uses odbc instead of iodbc.

--
Fajar