Inner Tunnel User-Name - PEAP/MSCHAPV2

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Dec 12 18:59:25 CET 2014

On Dec 12, 2014, at 12:23 PM, Chris Arg <grkcharge at gmail.com> wrote:
> Quick overview of what I think/see is happening. I'm sure it's wrong so please correct me.
>
> Packet 8 comes in. Post-Proxy is run and the update to outer.session-state happens. Access-Challenge is sent and the state is cached.
> Packet 9 comes in. It's an Access-Request packet which triggers the previously cached information to be retrieved. This packet only gets to the authenticate section before a new Access-Challenge is sent causing the current state to be cached.
> Packet 10 comes in. It's an Access-Request which retrieves the previous state information. Post-Auth in sites-enabled/default is ran which executes update for &reply: += &session-state:. This results in a No attributes updated because the previous state didn't have any.

  No.  The “session-state” attributes are tracked across multiple packets.  They are NOT tied to a particular “State” attribute.

  Please read the comments about “session-state” in the configuration files.

  If there are no attributes cached in the “session-state” list, then there may be a bug in the code.

  The debug output looks suspicious.  It runs the inner-tunnel EAP method, and then *nothing* else before it sends the Access-Challenge.

  I’ll take a look.  I don’t have time to reproduce this test now.  But the session-state code was tested to work...