IP Address as User name

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Feb 6 19:59:27 CET 2014

Darren Ward (darrward) wrote:
> I’m struggling with getting an IP address to eb accepted as a username
> in the clients file and suspect it’s somehow being filtered but I can’t
> find where

  That question is very confused.  You don't mean the "clients" file.
You mean the "users" file.  Computers are particular about that kind of
thing.

  And you can't get IP's accepted as a User-Name.  They're a different
attribute.

> I’ve create a user like:
>
> Test Cleartext-Password := “test”
>
> And using radtest can get an access-accept

  Because that's how it works.

> but when I try:
>
> 1.1.1.1     Cleartext-Password := “test”
>
> I get an access-reject and it has a noop against the files in the debug

  Because the "users" file is keyed by User-Name.  Read the comments at
the top of the "users" file.  This is documented.

> I have tried in quotes as well but no luck

  Have you tried reading raddb/modules/files?  This is documented.