Support for specific Cisco-Attributes

Andreas Kalb (akalb) akalb at cisco.com
Fri Feb 7 17:36:55 CET 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to use attributes like:

     Cisco-Enc += "xyz=1"
     Cisco-SSG-Account-Info += "Aratelimit(up=2000,down=2000)"

where I get the following errors:

/etc/freeradius/users[101]: Parse error (reply) for entry the-bob-10-v4v6-28 at example.org: Invalid octet string "xyz=1" for attribute name "Cisco-Enc"
Errors reading /etc/freeradius/users
/etc/freeradius/modules/files[7]: Instantiation failed for module "files"
/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[124]: Failed to load module "files".
/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[47]: Errors parsing authorize section.

/etc/freeradius/users[113]: Parse error (reply) for entry the-bob-10-v4v6-28 at example.org: Invalid octet string "Aratelimit(up=2000,down=2000)" for attribute name "Cisco-SSG-Account-Info"
Errors reading /etc/freeradius/users
/etc/freeradius/modules/files[7]: Instantiation failed for module "files"
/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[124]: Failed to load module "files".
/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[47]: Errors parsing authorize section.

Without these attributes all is working as expected.

I tried this with combinations of Ubuntu 12.04.4, 13.10 and FreeRadius 2.1.10 (via apt-get), FreeRadius 2.2.3 and 3.0.1 (via configure/make/install) all in VMware.

When going via install I preceded this with:

- sudo apt-get install gcc make build-essential
- sudo apt-get install libtalloc-dev

to prevent concerning errors.

A colleague uses above with success with 2.1.10, so I consider any setting missing. I tried to keep the config-files provided with the distribution but understood required to:

- a client-entry in clients.conf for my router
- listen-commands to radiusd.conf for own ip and to adjust the port to 1645/1646
- 2 user-entries in users

So far I didn't  try to copy his setup over, but if one proposes it, I'd give it a try.

If a specific software is required or a knob is missing, I appreciated some feedback.

Kind Regards,

Andreas