Question on new dictionaries & values

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Feb 10 15:03:17 CET 2014

Mathieu Simon (Lists) wrote:
> What is the current consenscus on tha Attribute naming. I've learned
> that underline usage isn't appreciated even though some vendors use it.

  Personally, I hate it.  It's annoying, and doesn't follow the 20 year
practice of RADIUS.

> VENDOR foovendor <id>
>
> a) ATTRIBUTE foovendor-name-by-vendor-doc...
> b) ATTRIBUTE name-by-vendor-doc...
>
> I've seen both in usage but mostly consistently throughout a dictionary
> itself (some vendors indicate variant a, some don't but it doesn't
> always match with FR's dicts).

  We try to balance the approaches of "use sane names" and "use vendor
names".  It's not always perfect.

  The *official* recommendation for naming schemes is given here:

http://tools.ietf.org/search/rfc6929#section-2.7.1

  You'll note I'm the author. :)