Recommended number of threads

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Feb 12 00:41:03 CET 2014

Hi,

>            max_servers = 32
>            min_spare_servers = 3
>            max_spare_servers = 10
>            max_requests_per_server = 0

we run up to 64 threads - keeping 32 as minimum.  whats your EAP method
used (I'm going to guess its EAP-PEAP/MSCHAPv2 and you are using ntlm_auth
for the authentication? if so, there can be issues there due to the nature
of that part of the system.... disk bound socket etc - and you may want to
ensure you remove DNS as a bottleneck if doing KDC stuff - put entries into
/etc/hosts (unfortuntately you cant put round robin entries into /etc/hosts).
Using Cisco wireless? (not sure about other vendors..but Cisco issue is that ALL
requests come from the same NAS port...which means you can only deal with 255
in-flight authentications without things going rather wonky - we've talked to
them about this as its really not right)

alan