v3.0.x: raddebug/radmin ignore conditions

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Feb 12 16:44:51 CET 2014

JB wrote:
> I tried to use the control socket and raddebug to debug certain clients but radmin seems to ignore any conditions (f.i. Packet-Src-IP-Address).

  radmin just sets the debug condition in the server.  But the server
shouldn't be ignoring conditions.  Have you tried using a simple one,
like User-Name?

> Also, we had to explicitly set a debug log level in order to see anything at all. Does setting a (global?) log level somehow override the conditions?

  No.  The global log level is used to initialize the log level for a
particular request.  The debug condition is then used to update the log
level for that request.

  If the debug condition never matches, then the request log level will
never be updated.

> We also had to comment the group checking ("show config group") out in order for raddebug to work at all.

  Probably because you don't have a "group" setting in radiusd.conf.