How many NAS kann radius take?

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Thu Feb 13 15:13:46 CET 2014

On 13 Feb 2014, at 13:44, John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 02/13/2014 06:22 AM, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>> Hmm, hints and huntgroups should probably be removed in 3.1 or 4.0, there's no real advantage
>> to using them, and they're quite poorly implemented. I doubt the code has changed much since
>> v1.x.x.
>
> NAK to removing them in 3.1, you shouldn't remove features in a minor
> point release. I would suggest postponing such a change to the next
> major release, 4.0.

It should of been removed in 3.0, it leads people down the wrong path, it's absolutely the wrong
way to do categorisation of NAS now there's the %{client:} expansion, but many tutorials still
refer to it.

But sure, ok, 4.0, there's no minimum period between rolling the major version number.

FreeRADIUS Development Team