FreeRadius Mikrotik-Rate-Limit attribute limit

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Feb 18 15:58:07 CET 2014

Lalit Choudhary wrote:
> I configured freeradius (FreeRADIUS Version 2.2.2) with mysql,While
> testing Mikrotik NAS i found that Mikrotik-Total-Limit attribute it
> works upto 4gb then Mikrotik-Total-Limit-Gigawords for more than 4gb
> (4294967296 in bytes).If i set Mikrotik-Total-Limit value more then 3.9
> GB ,it's taking random value or 0 for this attribute.

  Ask Mikrotik to fix their NAS.  This isn't a FreeRADIUS problem.

> Sending Access-Accept of id 61 to 192.168.53.157 port 48563
> Mikrotik-Rate-Limit = "15M/16M"
> Mikrotik-Total-Limit = 5242880 (this value in bytes)
> Mikrotik-Total-Limit-Gigawords = 1 (this value in GB)
> Session-Timeout = 0
> Idle-Timeout = 0
> Port-Limit = 1
> I'm assuming that it will Terminate the session after 1026 mb usage
> (Mikrotik-Total-Limit + Mikrotik-Total-Limit-Gigawords), but user
> session not Terminating even after 1026 mb usage .

  Because you didn't set it to 1026Mb usage.  You set it to 4100 Mb usage.

> I am not sure whether Mikrotik-Total-Limit-Gigawords taking value in GB
> or bytes.

  Look at the name.  It's GIGA WORDS.

> Please suggest how i can use Mikrotik-Total-Limit-Gigawords for more
> then 4 GB data limit.

  A value of "1" in that attribute means 2^32 bytes.

  You already posted this question to the devel list, and were told to
ask questions here.  You were *also* given a URL to the list archives,
where this question was previously answered.

  If you're going to post questions here, you need to follow the
instructions we give.  ALL of them.