freeradius failed to authenticate the users against windos active directory

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Feb 26 01:01:21 CET 2014

Edward Xie wrote:
> Thanks for your answer. However I don't want to use Mysql database to authenticate the user. That's why Mysql database was not turned on with Freeradius.

  Well... you enabled MySQL.  It's not part of the default configuration.

  Why did you enable it when you don't want to use it?

  Why is it *still* enabled when you don't want to use it?

>  I just want to use Microsoft Active Directory to authenticate the user. However from the log,  I don't see the radius server ever tried querying AD server.  That is the issue which I want to figure out.

  Because you didn't configure FreeRADIUS to use AD.

  Follow this guide.  It WILL work:

http://deployingradius.com/documents/configuration/active_directory.html