freeradius-3.0.1 ldap authenticate

d zz zzd7zzd at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 04:48:00 CET 2014

Is there a simple doc about configure ldap authenticate with
freeraidus-3.0.1 ?  I am confused about it.
I've questioned the developer on Github
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/issues/531, but it did not
solve my problem.

In "mods-available/ldap"

# Note: set_auth_type was removed in v3.x.x
# Equivalent functionality can be achieved by adding the following
# stanza to the authorize {} section of your virtual server.
#
#    ldap
#    if ((ok || updated) && User-Password) {
#        update {
#            control:Auth-Type := ldap
#        }

#    }

So I add the stanza to virtual server, "radiusd -X" says

Unknown value 'ldap' for attribute 'Auth-Type'

I then add

VALUE   Auth-Type           LDAP        1026

to "/usr/local/share/freeradius/dictionary.freeradius.internal", but
"radiusd -X" says

(0) Found Auth-Type = LDAP
(0) WARNING: Unknown value specified for Auth-Type.  Cannot perform
requested action.
(0) Failed to authenticate the user.

Any body can tell me a clear progress about configure ldap authenticate?
Thanks very much.