EAP-TLS and EAP-TTLS/MSCHAPv2 in parralel...possible ?

Ben ben+freeradius at list-subs.com
Fri Feb 28 11:38:22 CET 2014

> Problem is you've been a bit vague. What have you tried, if anything?
> What version of the server are you running?

Apologies for the vaguesness !

My aim is Freeradius authenticating against OpenLDAP for the MSCHAP bit
(there are various examples out there showing how do do this such as
http://vuksan.com/linux/dot1x/802-1x-LDAP.html) , but uncommenting the
LDAP elements in /server/default just seems to kill off the working
eap-tls config.

Currently on version 2.1.12.

> Suggest:
>
>  1. Ensuring you're on a recent version of the server, 2.2.3
>  2. Follow the deployingradius docs linked above on a test server
>  3. When you understand how it has all fit together, migrate the
> config to your production system, with your existing TLS CA/certs
>
> As with all systems tasks, if you're new to it then make small
> changes, check your results into version control after each success,
> follow the docs.
>
> If you've got specific questions, people can give more specific answers.

Will take a look.