Group based Authentication with Apache module mod_auth_radius-2.0

Finn Christiansen kontakt at finnchristiansen.de
Fri Jan 3 12:16:45 CET 2014

Hi,

I am using FreeRADIUS 2.1.12 with a MySQL database and an Apache 2.2.15
with the module mod_auth_radius-2.0
(http://freeradius.org/mod_auth_radius/). The module is loaded in the
Apache configuration and it works for users with the following
configuration:

<Location /protected/>
         AuthType Basic
         AuthName "protected"
         AuthBasicAuthoritative Off
         AuthBasicProvider radius
         AuthRadiusAuthoritative on
         AuthRadiusActive On
         Require user foo
</Location>

This works and user "foobar" can login. Now I am trying to do the same
with groups so i replaced the line "Require user foo" with "Require
group bar" but this doesn't work. Is it possible to use group based
authentication with this Apache module or am I missing something like
adding some attributes to the group? I have to say I am mostly new to
Radius in general but I couldn't find any help regarding
mod_auth_radius-2.0 and group based authentication.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,
Finn Christiansen