realm and @ in username

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Mon Jan 6 07:49:36 CET 2014

Hi,

> I try to configure my proxy freeradius.
>
> The problem is that i have a "@" caracter in my username and i think that freeradi
> us interpret the realm after the @ caracter. But it's not the realm because i have a @ in the username.
>
> fr.wifimetropolis.com is my realm and alexandre.lai at idcware.com is my username. I would like send my requet in this format for exemple : fr.wifimetropolis.com/alexandre.lai at idcware.com but i test with radtest command, it's didn't work.

So your realm separator is "/" and the realm is a prefix to the username.

Then you need to tell FreeRADIUS that this is how you want it.

Using "@" and suffix notation is merely a default, not the only choice.

The "realm" module can be configured for that. Most people use its
"suffix" instance which is @ and suffix.

If you want / and prefix, you would use the realm IPASS instance:

From mods-available/realm:

realm IPASS {
        format = prefix
        delimiter = "/"
}

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

P.S.: the @ is the suggested delimiter for internet use, as per RFC4282
and its successor-to-be. You should really consider changing your
username to avoid conflicts like that.

--
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche