freeradius with ntlm-auth and server2012

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jan 9 14:42:56 CET 2014

Carsten Czerner wrote:
> Another question: Is it possible to setup two or more sources with
> different auth-mechanisms:
>
> proxy -> ntlm_auth (pap)
> wlan -> ntlm_auth (peap)
> firewall -> pap plaintextfile
>
> How is it done, or should I use 3 server for that purpose?

  Yes, it's possible.  No, you shouldn't use 3 servers.  You could use 3
virtual servers.

  See raddb/sites-available/README.  It documents how you can set up
different virtual servers.

  You probably have 3 client definitions.  You can just add a line to
each one:

	virtual_server = foo

  Make 3 virtual servers, each named differently.  Start by copying the
"default" one.  Then, for each one, after you've tested it works, slowly
strip out the stuff you *don't* need.