Server Scaling

David Peterson davidp at wirelessconnections.net
Thu Jan 9 20:22:31 CET 2014

OK so accounting is a very moving target.  Noted.  I am probably going to
table that discussion for another time.

Typically the NAS requires a session timeout in order to be able to
disconnect an unauthorized user.    I usually recommend once per day be the
minimum.

The NAS will have more or less subscribers depending on the population
surrounding the NAS.

The only thing that would cause all subscribers to come online at once is a
FR server reboot or something severing the connection between the NAS
network and FR.  So I guess the answer would be yes, something could cause
that to happen.

I am really looking for some idea not a hard and fast recommendation.
Something like "any quad core will do" or "you are going to need a lot of
ram and processor power".

David