Problem setting up EAP-TLS with hostap

Chris Anderson cjanderson at yandex.com
Sun Jan 12 03:04:25 CET 2014

Hi

I am having a problem that appears to be similar to  http://freeradius.1045715.n5.nabble.com/suddenly-problem-with-certificates-error-in-SSLv3-read-client-certificate-B-td5717796.html  but the solution there didn't work.

I have configured hostap to use radius on a free radius server running locally. I am trying to use certificates for authentication. To test this I am using a stock android device, with the certicates generated from /etc/raddb/certs directory. The certs are installed on android and they appear to be correct. I have installed both the CA certificate and the client certififate on the device.

When I run freeradius with the -X option I get the following log. I though that it might have been a fragmentation problem so I set fragmentation to 1024 in both hostapd and freeradius but I still get the same error.

Cheers

Chris