Accounting in MySQL - Password

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jan 13 14:25:59 CET 2014

P K wrote:
> Thanks Alan & Alan. That change seemed to work. I did some testing
> today with the accounting on sql. Please could you explain this so
> that I can understand the logging better?

  It also helps to read the configuration, the debug output, and to
understand what you've done.

> 15     - PEAP/MSCHAP  (Invalid credentials)
> 18/19 - TTLS/PAP  (Valid Credentials with privacy on)
> 20/21 - TTLS/PAP  (Valid Credentials with privacy off)
> 25     -  TTLS/PAP  (Invalid credentials with privacy on)
> 27     -  TTLS/PAP  (Invalid credentials with privacy on and
> basil at moo.com as anonymous user)
> 28/29 -  TTLS/PAP (Valid credentials with privacy on and basil at moo.com
> as anonymous user and basil as actual user)
>
> Will "accept" always result in two entries?

  Yes, because that's what you told it to do.  You're using EAP-TTLS,
which has the "outer" session, and "inner" one.  You've configured the
server to log *both* sessions.

> Is there anything I can do
> to stop clients from using anonymous or changing anonymous id to
> anything else like basil at moo.com in the test above?

  No, because "anonymous" is the identity they're using in the outer
session.

> Is there anything
> I can do to log the actual user that was rejected as in the case of
> (25)?

  Yes, configure "sql" in "Post-Auth-Type Reject" in
sites-enabled/inner-tunnel.  You may have to run 2.2.3 for this.

  Again, all of these questions are answered by reading the debug output
and the configuration *you* created.