feature request: ldap enhancements

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Jan 14 18:58:11 CET 2014

On 14 Jan 2014, at 16:16, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> Hachmer, Tobias wrote:
>> OK, I can work with this but it would be great to make some enhancements to rlm_ldap regarding reread radius client objects, e.g. periodically like every 30 minutes. This would be sufficient.
>
>  The dynamic clients code already handles this.  I'd suggest instead
> ensuring that the dynamic clients can have ranges, and not just IP
> addresses.  Simpler, and more flexible.

Done... In theory. On v3.0.x and master.

If you just wanted to add ranges, use a combination of dynamic clients and the LDAP bulk load.

This will reduce load on your LDAP directory on server restart.

If you're wanting to do crazy things like change secrets regularly, use dynamic clients only, and poke the server using radmin.

FreeRADIUS Development Team