dhcp subrange

Laura Marzà Porcar laura.marza at servidir.es
Thu Jan 16 14:52:16 CET 2014

FR Version 2.1.10

Hello, for many of you this question is obvious, but I have doubts.

I recently requested your assistance in compiling the dhcp for FR, but I'm mulling over and do not know how to configure a range of my network to run as dhcp.

The question is: if I want to set a range for dhcp in the FR, a server dhcp must be previously installed, such as dhcp3-server?, or can I do it in the /etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/dhcp file?

If, for example, I am currently allocating fixed ips in the range 10.18.0.0/16 at file "users", as I reserve a subrange of the range for that other users can have ips assigned by dhcp?

Thanks, Laura