Radacct table is growing and growing

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Jan 17 10:47:34 CET 2014

Hi,

>    I have a radacct table with more than 12300000 rows. I have increased RAM
>    memory recently because the data base is working with InnoDB engine and
>    was necessary to load data into the buffer. But, anybody knows some
>    technique that allows freeradius makes authentications with radacct
>    historical tables?

????? radacct is just accounting data - nothing to do with authentication of
users (unless using it for eg bandwidth management/allowance) - in which case
you need to work out how you are going to manage old/stale data. we delete
stuff thats of no interest to us anymore. postgresql autovacuum keeps control of
the table size and fragmentation.

alan