Proper use of Mikrotik-Xmit-Limit-Gigawords

Kwesi Yankson kkwised at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 23 04:14:31 CET 2014

Hi,
I've been following the postings in this mailing list for a while (mostly on FR 3.x) so please forgive me for asking this "basic" stuff.
I want to use FreeRADIUS to limit user data above 4GB, of course the right attribute is Mikrotik-Xmit-Limit-Gigawords.  The documentation explains it as 4G (2^32). I get that.

My question is (and forgive me if it sounds silly to some of you), assuming I want to limit data such as 10GB, 11GB and such figures, how am I supposed to approach it using Mikrotik-Xmit-Limit-Gigawords.

Thank you