permission problem testing PAP auth

Darrel levitch at iglou.com
Fri Jan 24 20:54:58 CET 2014

Hello,

On FreeBSD 10, I deleted the file dhcp from
/usr/local/etc/raddb/mods-enabled and commented out dhcp.dictionary in the
file /usr/local/share/freeradius/dictionary, since the dhcp module does
not compile on FreeBSD.

When doing a simple PAP test, root connected and my user did not.  All the
directories under and including /usr/local/etc/raddb belong to user and
group freeradius.

When I begin to have external clients then obviously I can not add them
all to the group freeradius.  I am not eager to sweepingly ease
permissions on all the directories, either.

What is the best way to solve this?

Darrel