SSH Logins to Cisco Switch. RADIUS/Active Directory

Luke Ramsden lukermsdn at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 10:50:52 CET 2014

I have my shared secrets set in clients.conf and then on the cisco switch
using the 'radius-server' command:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/security/configuration/guide/scfrad.html#wp1001000

Is this hard-coded approach incorrect? When I view the radiusd -X output
for a PAP request I dont have to get the shared secret right as its already
there. Hope that makes sense.

-Luke