fr3+ldap = rad_send() failed: Invalid argument

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Jan 28 15:33:00 CET 2014

On 27 Jan 2014, at 23:38, Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb at freeradius.org> wrote:

> On 27 Jan 2014, at 20:32, Zeus Panchenko <zeus at ibs.dn.ua> wrote:
>
>> Signed PGP part
>>
>>> It's very unlikely this is related to the ldap module. Could you
>>> provide more details about the platform you're running the server on?
>>
>> sorry for not providing that ...
>>
>>> uname -a
>> FreeBSD es.ibs.dn.ua 10.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE #0 r260789: Thu Jan 16 22:34:59 UTC 2014     root at snap.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
>
> Thanks. I'll run up a VM tomorrow. Just waiting on the image to come down.

Ha, that was a fun one.

FreeBSD doesn't like it when you try and specify the source address/interface for an outgoing UDP frame, when the socket you're using is already bound to an IP address.

I've pushed a fix which checks whether the socket is bound to INADDR_ANY or the IPv6 equivalent. If it's not, we don't need to add the IP_SENDSRCADDR control message, and so we can just use sendto instead of sendmsg.

A patchless work around for this is not to bind to a specific IP address in the listen section.

There should be no side effects from this change.

I'll backport to v2.x.x as well as it'll have the same issue.

FreeRADIUS Development Team