List Maintenance

Adam Bishop Adam.Bishop at ja.net
Wed Jul 2 12:33:38 CEST 2014

On 2 Jul 2014, at 11:15, Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb at freeradius.org> wrote:
> Our of interest, is there an RFC or some kind of standard for out of office notifications, so that they don't get sent to mailing lists?
>
> I'd of expected a much higher incidence of this than we currently see.

The FreeRADIUS list sends X-Auto-Response-Suppress: OOF and Precedence: list headers - these instruct well behaved MUA’s/MTA’s not to reply automatically.

Either the aforementioned users MTA/MUA is broken, or they configured it to do something silly.

Regards,

Adam Bishop

  gpg: 0x6609D460

Janet, the UK's research and education network.

Janet(UK) is a trading name of Jisc Collections and Janet Limited, a
not-for-profit company which is registered in England under No. 2881024
Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG. VAT No. 614944238