Can dhcpclient handle broadcasting ?

Chaigneau, Nicolas nicolas.chaigneau at capgemini.com
Wed Jul 9 09:53:43 CEST 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to use dhcpclient to test broadcasting of a DHCP Discover.

I am root so I can use source port 68.
I'm sending the packet to the broadcast address.

I get the following error (returned by sendmsg, called from "sendfromto"): "Permission denied".

Is it possible to use dhcpclient from FreeRADIUS in broadcast mode ?

Regards,
Nicolas.