Musing and digressing around sqlite

Axel Luttgens axel.luttgens at skynet.be
Thu Jul 10 12:35:33 CEST 2014

Le 9 juil. 2014 à 01:18, Arran Cudbard-Bell a écrit :

> On 8 Jul 2014, at 14:57, Axel Luttgens wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> 6. I've left the default setting
>>
>> 	radius_db = "radius"
>>
>> in raddb/mods-available/sql, even if my db file is named "radiusdb".
>> Everything seems to be working fine.
>> What is the role of variable "radius_db" in an sqlite context?
>
> None.
>
> The database file is set with
>
> sql {
>
> 	sqlite {
> 		filename = "/path/to/file"
> 	}
> }

Hello Arran,

Indeed, this is quite common in the case of an sqlite setup from within an application.

May I suggest to anyway slightly adjust that comment appearing in raddb/mods-available/sql:

	# Database table configuration for everything except Oracle
	radius_db = "radius"

Put that way, it could be understood that the radius_db setting might have some role with sqlite's setup.

And such an ambiguity may be re-enforced by the fact that the value of radius_db isn't really a true don't care, even with sqlite; for example, log messages such as

	<info> rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect to database "my great db"

are liable be emitted.

HTH,
Axel