Single sign on using freeRadius and Apache?

Mark jensen ngiw2012 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 18 22:11:35 CEST 2014

Hello

freeradius version is 1.0.4

I have read that I could authenticate a user In Apache using freeRADIUS using this tutorial:

http://uk-corp.org/Books/OReilly%20Books/radius/html/radius-chp-7-sect-1.html

1- my question is this will work if RADIUS use openLDAP as a back-end DB?

I authenticate users in the wired network(clients connected to a nortel switch) using ieee802.1x and freeradius,it worked will, but when a user ask for an authorized web page it will ask him for the credentials for the second time:

2- Is there a way to configure freeRADIUS and Apache to let the authorized users using 802.1x to get the authorized web pages without asking them to type it for a second time (something like single sign on)? In short words can we pass the credentials from freeradius to Apache? Is there any tutorials that will help me in freeRADIUS website?