sending additional attributes

Ryan Milton rmilton at mvsusa.com
Wed Jul 23 19:36:19 CEST 2014

Thank you Alan. So, If I understand you correctly, then, adding the
additional attribute to a user in radreply would be one way, but that
affects just the one user.

If I added a new group in radgroupreply, then it would be the default for
a ³group² of users who all fell under that requirement, and I can specify
all the attributes that I want, like the particular one I mentioned.

As far as the NAS client is concerned, however, they send the
"Acct-Interim-Interval² attribute set for 30-minutes, I don¹t know what
they are using as clients, but in your experience, is it possible for the
client side to set two different time intervals for such accounting
purposes? Say like if they have two different kinds of data products, one
that requires 30-minute and another that requires less?

Thanks again, if you have any ideas. RADIUS is still quite a new field for
me, and there always seems to be interesting corner cases.

Rgds,
Ryan