Capturing a failure from EAP

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jul 25 14:12:51 CEST 2014

Franks Andy (RLZ) IT Systems Engineer wrote:
>   Can someone just confirm whether I can override the module codes in
> the eap auth module?

  Yes.  EAP is a module just like anything else.

>   I’m trying

  And... what does the debug log show?

> I know it looks odd, but I’m trying to override the reject packet with
> an accept but with attributes that force the client into a specific
> remuneration vlan / policy on the wireless controller.

  That's impossible.  The design of WiFi and how it works with EAP makes
that impossible.

> Maybe this is by design. I can override all the other modules ok just
> not eap.

  No.  You *can* override EAP.  See the debug output.

  The supplicant and wireless controller will refuse to communicate when
you override EAP.  But that has nothing to do with FreeRADIUS.