Capturing a failure from EAP

Franks Andy (RLZ) IT Systems Engineer Andy.Franks at sath.nhs.uk
Fri Jul 25 15:25:04 CEST 2014

>>  No.  You *can* override EAP.  See the debug output.

Hi

Log says :
..
(8)  ERROR: eap : Failed continuing EAP TLS (13) session. EAP sub-module failed
(8)  eap : Failed in EAP select
(8)    [eap] = invalid
(8)     if (!ok)
(8)     if (!ok)  -> TRUE
(8)    if (!ok)  {
(8)     update control {
(8) EXPAND %{Module-Failure-Message}
(8)    --> eap_tls: SSL says error 10 : certificate has expired
(8)     Debug-RejectInformation := "eap_tls: SSL says error 10 : certificate has expired"
(8)     } # update control = noop
(8)     [ok] = ok
(8)    } # if (!ok)  = ok
(8)     if (reject)
(8)     if (reject)  -> FALSE
(8)     if (invalid)
(8)     if (invalid)  -> FALSE
(8)   } # if (control:ClientReject == 0 )  = ok
(8)  } # Auth-Type eap = ok
(8) Using Post-Auth-Type Reject
(8) # Executing group from file /usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default
(8)  Post-Auth-Type REJECT {
..

It's interesting that my if (invalid) doesn't work, but that's probably not the issue. I'm doing
                if (!ok) {
                        update control {
                                Debug-RejectInformation := "%{Module-Failure-Message}"
                        }
                        ok
                }

The ok in another module doesn't seem to stop the auth taking the "ok" we've pushed, for example here it's failed ntlm auth:

  [ntlm_auth] = reject
(0)    if (reject)
(0)    if (reject)  -> TRUE
(0)   if (reject)  {
(0)    update control {
(0)     ClientReject := 1
(0)    } # update control = noop
(0)    [ok] = ok
(0)   } # if (reject)  = ok
(0)  } # Auth-Type ntlm_auth = ok
(0) # Executing section post-auth from file /usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default
(0)   post-auth {

Here I just do this :
if (reject) {
                                update control {