Some inconsistencies concerning OpenSSL include configuration in FRS 3

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Jul 27 15:29:10 CEST 2014

Dr. Andreas Rieke wrote:
> On 26 Jul 2014, at 20:56, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
> 1. The current v3.0.x source does not compile because of a problem in pcap.c.
> There is no pcap installed on my machine, and configure has detected that correctly.
> However, there are two functions at the end of pcap.c which are not included
> in the "#ifdef HAVE_LIBPCAP" and for that reason, the compiler creates errors.
> If you simply put everything in pcap.c between the "#ifdef HAVE_LIBPCAP" and
> "#endif", everything works well on my machine.

  I've pushed a fix.

> 2. The configuration for types/rlm_eap_pwd does not yet work:
>> checking for openssl/ec.h... no
>> checking for openssl/ec.h in /usr/local/include/... no
>> checking for openssl/ec.h in /opt/include/... no
>> checking for OpenSSL support... yes
>> checking for EVP_sha256 in -lc -lcrypto -lssl... no
>> configure: WARNING: EVP_sha256 not found, may have issues wirh WiMAX certificates
>> checking for EC_GROUP_free... no
>> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_eap_pwd.
>> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_eap_pwd requires: EC_GROUP_free.
> I am sure that ec.h is in the directory where it should be.

  Is it in the directories which are printed out above?

  What does the "config.log" file say?  i.e.
src/modules/rlm_eap/types/rlm_eap_pwd/config.log  It should be filled
with logs from all of the attempts to compile the source.

> 3. The configuration of src/modules/rlm_unbound does not yet work:
>> checking for openssl/crypto.h... no
>> checking for openssl/crypto.h in /usr/local/include/... no
>> checking for openssl/crypto.h in /opt/include/... no
>> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_unbound.
>> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_unbound requires:  libunbound unbound.h openssl/crypto.h.
> Again, I am sure that openssl/crypto.h is in place and readable by the compiler.

  The same comments apply as above.

> 4. This issue is about src/modules/rlm_wimax:
>> checking openssl/hmac.h usability... no
>> checking openssl/hmac.h presence... no
>> checking for openssl/hmac.h... no
>> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_wimax.
>> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_wimax requires:  openssl/hmac.h.

  The same comments apply here, too.