Some inconsistencies concerning OpenSSL include configuration in FRS 3

Dr. Andreas Rieke rieke at isl.de
Mon Jul 28 19:58:35 CEST 2014

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Dr. Andreas Rieke wrote:
>> I am quite sure that FRS compiles without problems on many other systems, but in those cases, the compiler takes the OpenSSL header files from the system and not from the specified directories - on my machine, I have removed the openssl-devel RPM package (CentOS), and thus, I get that failure. However, maybe the failure is better than a wrong header file...
>>
>> When I pass 'CPPFLAGS="-I /opt/openssl/include"' to the main configure script, the problems are solved for the headers - as an example, ec.h is found immediately. However, FRS still uses the system libraries :-(
>
>   The issue is that the CPPFLAGS are *supposed* to be passed from the
> main configure script to the lower-level ones.
They do - today I have also tested that for the LDFLAGS, and this works, too. If you pass the OpenSSL directories twice to the main configure script, everything works great:
>     ./configure --prefix=/opt/freeradius-server \
>                 --with-openssl-include-dir=/opt/openssl/include \
>                 --with-openssl-lib-dir=/opt/openssl/lib \
>                 CPPFLAGS="-I /opt/openssl/include" \
>                 LDFLAGS="-L/opt/openssl/lib"
I checked the config.log files and the shared objects with ldd - all headers are found and the correct library files are used. For that reason, everything is great for me - thank you very much for your help,

best regards,

Andreas