Android 2.3.5 supplicants failing after upgrade to FreeRADIUS 2.2.5 from 2.2.0

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Jun 2 16:48:38 CEST 2014

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 8:25 PM, Simon Flood <S.M.Flood at uis.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 02/06/2014 12:18, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
>
>> The above might not be your main concern (since you've got it fixed),
>> but I wonder where did you get the RPM from. The bundled suse specfile
>> has
>>
>> %config(noreplace) %{_sysconfdir}/raddb/*
>>
>> which, in theory, should leave your config files alone.
>>
>> If you got the RPM from suse, then you should file a bug to them.
>

> I built the RPM using the openSUSE Build Service from the freeradius.spec
> file included within the freeradius-server-2.2.5.tar.bz2 file.
>
> What I didn't spot was that files in /etc/raddb/sites-available would be
> overwritten when installing the later RPM courtesy of
>
> %attr(640,root,radiusd) %{_sysconfdir}/raddb/sites-available/*
>
> whereas files in /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/ are not
>
> %attr(640,root,radiusd) %config(noreplace)
> %{_sysconfdir}/raddb/sites-enabled/*
>
> The difference being the absence/presence of "%config(noreplace)".

Ouch. Sorry about that.

Turned out it was partially my fault, partially suse's fault.

That line was part of my pull request a long time ago to make FR's
recipe closer to suse's own recipe. The problem is, turns out that
even now, suse's own recipe on
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/network:aaa/freeradius-server/freeradius-server.spec?expand=1
line 380 shows

%attr(640,root,radiusd) %{_sysconfdir}/raddb/sites-available/*

> Checking the latest freeradius.spec for SUSE @
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/v2.x.x/suse/freeradius.spec
> shows this is still the case. The "%config(noreplace)
> %{_sysconfdir}/raddb/*" line you reference above would appear to be from the
> freeradius.spec for SUSE included with FreeRADIUS 3.0.x - we're using 2.2.5.

You are correct, I was looking at the wrong branch.

I believe Alan just pushed a fix 12 minutes ago, so future 2.x.x
builds should be OK.

--
Fajar