Cisco Hack

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri Jun 6 00:05:40 CEST 2014

On 5 Jun 2014, at 21:52, Chuck <cwbl301 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>  I’m running freeRadius 3.0.3 with an oracle database. I enabled the cisco hack in preprocess module and it appears to be working for start records, however, for stop records I get an error 'Unknown attribute’ for the dsp-id.

Lets break down this error message, quite simple as it's only two words.

Unknown - Something is not known.
Attribute - an attribute.

Why might one attribute be known and another not? Does FreeRADIUS have a priori knowledge of attributes? No? Well where might attributes come from, what makes one attribute known and another unknown.

Answer this question and you will find the answer to your original one too.

FreeRADIUS Development Team