authentication order

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jun 9 00:39:04 CEST 2014

Dan Letkeman wrote:
> I am trying to find some info on authentication ordering.

  Probably because no one uses that term.

> Is it the client(switch or wireless controller) that defines the
> authentication ordering or is it the radius server?

   You're asking the wrong question.

> If it is the radius server how would I define EAP as the first
> authentication method and then mac authentication as the second?

  MAC auth isn't authentication.  MAC auth is just another authorization
check.

  EAP is authentication.  As part of authorizing a user, you can deny
them access because their bills aren't paid, or because they're using
the wrong MAC.