Performance - was Re: LDAP Groups to Freeradius and then Ruckus Wireless?

Rui Ribeiro ruyrybeyro at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 12:46:27 CEST 2014

Hi Arran,

To be fair, I have read a lot of performance problems in FreeRadius, and I
have yet to see any. We have been running here for more than a year now,
Debian 7/FreeRadius from 2.1.12 to 2.2.5, MySQL, detail files and AD
authentication, roaming/proxying too, in a virtual machine with 64 bits,
1GB RAM and 2 CPUs, 3500 daily EDUROAM users, and I have yet to see the CPU
loads go up more than 0.05-0.10. Even when I have major events that bring
down the wifi intra-structure, like yesterdays where a switch went crazy, I
 hardly register an heavy load.

What are your mileage, guys?

Regards,
Rui Ribeiro