Error 1: gmake Free Radius 3.0.3 at Solaris

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Jun 10 20:50:36 CEST 2014

On 10 Jun 2014, at 19:37, Mathieu Simon (Lists) <matsimon.lists at simweb.ch> wrote:

> Am 10.06.2014 14:05, schrieb Arran Cudbard-Bell:
>>
>> On 10 Jun 2014, at 12:35, Rafael de Farias Meurer <rafael.meurer at gvt.com.br> wrote:
>>

>> I'm making slow progress, i've already fixed four or five issues, but now apparently there's some _X_OPEN_SOURCE macro we need to define to get Solaris to self un-labotomise it's socket API... so i'm researching what the value of that should be and where it should be defined.
> Cool Arran, for what I can tell, I've just tried building master it on
> OmniOS which is a quite-closely tracking distribution of the illumos
> open source fork OpenSolaris.
>
> It mostly relies on GCC but carries some of the weirdnesses that S11 has
> as well (though you can still install a Studio Compiler if you want)
>
> One thing I came across is that currently when it detects __sun it wants
> to feed the compiler with -KPIC (scripts/jlibtool.c) which is a
> parameter only known by the SnOracle's Studio Compiler while GCC seems
> to be happier with -fPIC.
>
> A quick search/replace scripts/jlibtool.c it at least made 'gmake' gov
> over some files, then fails here and spits out some other messages:
>
> [...]
> CC src/lib/strlcpy.c
> CC src/lib/token.c
> CC src/lib/udpfromto.c
> src/lib/udpfromto.c: In function 'recvfromto':
> src/lib/udpfromto.c:251:6: error: 'struct msghdr' has no member named
> 'msg_control'
>  msgh.msg_control = cbuf;

That's where I got to as well. That's what _X_OPEN_SOURCE is needed for, it adds the additional fields to the msghdr struct. More fixes for Betriebssystemschwein shortly.

> I'm not enoug into this, but is there a way to not "blatantly" assume
> Studio Compilers on SunOS-style platform but look for gcc (or
> clang/$FavouriteOpenSourceCompiler...) and set things accordingly?

I think we only officially support GCC, clang and Intel's compiler, so it'd make more sense to use -fPIC. It's probably a hangover in jlibtool.c from when it was adopted.

Do you know if Sun's compiler also supports -fPIC as an alias to -KPIC? That'd make things simple...

-Arran

FreeRADIUS Development Team