Error 1: gmake Free Radius 3.0.3 at Solaris

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Jun 10 23:43:55 CEST 2014

On 10 Jun 2014, at 21:36, Mathieu Simon (Lists) <matsimon.lists at simweb.ch> wrote:

> Am 10.06.2014 20:50, schrieb Arran Cudbard-Bell:
>
>> I think we only officially support GCC, clang and Intel's compiler, so it'd make more sense to use -fPIC. It's probably a hangover in jlibtool.c from when it was adopted.
>>
>> Do you know if Sun's compiler also supports -fPIC as an alias to -KPIC? That'd make things simple...
>
> Apparently yes. illumos distributions are likely to be stuck at Studio
> 12.1 (the last that compiled the base OS before Oracle closed things).
> Those with Oracle systems can or may have to likely use newer versions,
> here is what I can get:
>
> # cat /etc/release
>  OmniOS v11 r151010
>  Copyright 2014 OmniTI Computer Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved.
>  Use is subject to license terms.
>
> # cc -V
> cc: Sun C 5.10 SunOS_i386 2009/06/03
> usage: cc [ options] files.  Use 'cc -flags' for details
>
> # cc -flags | grep KPIC
> -KPIC         Compile position independent code with 32-bit addresses
> -fPIC         Same as -KPIC
>
> But it seems this is still valid for the current Studio 12.3 that works
> with Solaris 11.

Ok, looks like Alan changed it about 10 days ago anyway.

I've got it to the point where it tries to build rlm_ldap and fails, because it's using Sun's libldap and we expect OpenLDAP. But the APIs aren't that different (as you'd expect seeing as they're well defined by a series of RFCs), it's just going to take a while.

FreeRADIUS Development Team