Issues with building Freeradius on CentOS 6.5: need rlm_cache

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sat Jun 14 16:58:00 CEST 2014

Hi,

>    Anyway... Nick from RedHat is on this list, so it would be a question for
>    Nick, how 2.2.x could be pushed into the 6.x repos to replace 2.1.12 (the
>    last official version).

the biggest issue is if there is ANY bit of 2.2.5 vanilla which breaks/incompatible
with a 2.1.x install (ie current distro version) -

obviously an admin of 2.1.x that got upgraded wouldnt see all the new cool features
that have arrived since 2.2.0 came on-shore all those years ago (on 10 Sep 2012 !!)
(in fact, looking at 2.2.5 default raddb config there appear to be a few options missing
that are related to post 2.2.0 feature additions - I'll see if i've got time to push any
of those)

I *believe* the only different of note is that "hashsize = 0" in passwd module is NOT allowed and will break the server
...but that wasnt set to '0' by default IIRC...... but there may be some behaviour changes (ie
due to bug fixes) that might affect a 2.1.x that WAS working because of fortune or some
crazy workaround...those pesky value/attribute operators! :-)

alan