Issues with building Freeradius on CentOS 6.5: need rlm_cache

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Mon Jun 16 15:37:16 CEST 2014

On 16 Jun 2014, at 14:23, Brandon Jozsa <bjozsa at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using v.2.2.5, not 3.0.x; I have no complaints with 3.0 at all.

I know. I was saying the update {} style was adopted for most maps in v3.0.x.

> I definitely want to move towards it, I just fear that it will break too many things if I implement it on CentOS 6.5 right now. But, I'll look at http://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/Red-Hat-FAQ and build out from source, and/or try the updated .rpm's listed above.
>
> This is all my misunderstanding entirely, and respectfully I apologize. I was thinking since Freeradius already had the hooks in the * database, the cache module would use those hooks to create any unrecognized attributes/tables, but as I'm writing this I'm practically laughing at myself.

Ah. No, that's not what the Cache module does. It uses an in memory tree to cache sets of attributes against a configurable key.

> It's great it thought, but it would be a massive addition and it would require a lot of time to develop. This is basically what I'm after, so I'll have to get to it...there's a lot more work to be done.

It's just a bunch of inserts, but i'm not sure how you're hoping to gather info from the *response* of the RSA server. I'd doubt
it would include any useful information.

If you're looking to populate the user db with passcodes then that's fine, just add some logic in post-proxy to detect when it's
a passcode request (as opposed to pin code), and insert rows into radcheck...

-Arran

FreeRADIUS Development Team