HEX Stripping using attr_rewrite

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Tue Jun 17 12:33:04 CEST 2014

Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb at freeradius.org> writes:
> On 4 Jun 2014, at 02:25, Peter Lambrechtsen <peter at crypt.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> I am have a bit of an issue with the stripping hex values from my ADSL-Agent-Remote-ID field in my Auth packet.
>>
>> I am using an Alcatel-Lucent 7750SR platform
>
> My condolences.
>
>> and for some reason they decided when converting a DHCPv6 packet into
>> a radius packet it appends the Enterprise ID (which is a hex number)
>> into the ADSL-Agent-Remote-ID.
>
> *sigh*

Just for the record:  The enterprise ID is a required part of the DHCPv6
Relay Agent Remote-ID, so I don't think you should shoot Alcatel for
implementing it like that...  See RFC 4649.

One could of course question whether an access server translating DHCPv6
requests to RADIUS requests should do some remapping of the attribute,
but there is no such requirement in RFC 4679 (which describes the
ADSL-Agent-Remote-ID and the other DSL Forum attributes).

But with the power of FR unlang I prefer the access servers to do as
little preprocessing as possible. Getting the raw values is much much
better than having each access server vendor implement their own buggy
idea of how some attribute should be formatted.

Bjørn