LDAP auth

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jun 17 22:45:57 CEST 2014

Jon Jenkins wrote:
> Look - this was not arguing, I was simply seeking out information.

  You didn't follow instruction and get a "known good" password into LDAP.

> I have read through several of the postings pertaining to LDAP auth, and
> it seems common to see hostility towards posters, especially with
> regards to following instructions.

  Yes.  You ask a question from the experts.  They give you an answer.
Then you argue with the answer.

 "Well, if what you say is true, they why do I see this OTHER message?"

  It's rude.

> These people come to you for your
> expertise, and yes, it would be great if everyone RTFM, but there can
> still be legitimate confusion. I hate to waste time posting about this
> kind of event but it's enough of a pattern to warrant saying something.

  Yes.  There is a consistent pattern of people asking questions and
arguing with the answers.  It's rude, and we don't put up with it.

  Fix the underlying issue and it will work.  Argue, and you'll never
get it fixed.

  Which one do you want?  It's up to you.