DHCPv6 support

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Jun 23 09:25:59 CEST 2014

Hi,

> I wonder if there is DHCPv6support in Freeradius 2.x.
> I'm not a developer but would like to test Freeradiususing DHCPv4
> and DHCPv6 in Dual Stack.
> Today already use PPPoEwith Mikrotikand Freeradius + MySQL.

the last update about this was from Arran,

>If there's significant demand for it, or the work is sponsored, yes.                                           >
>According to Alan D the state machines and operation are similar
>to IPv4, so shoehorning it into the existing framework shouldn't
>be too bad.
>
>Out of interest who would be interested in DHCPv6 or SLAAC functionality?

(I'd suggest using the mailing list archives as a quick search first)

however, for dual-stack IPv6 (and IPv6 in general) its not just a case
of dropping in DHCPv6 instead of DHCPv4 for client address allocation - you've
also got to look at SLAAC

..and not sure if such a change would now go into v2.x or if that would be v3.x territory
only

alan