RADIUS, anycast, and high availability

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Jun 26 14:28:58 CEST 2014

Hi,

>I dont’t know if the servers will get annoyed if (say) multiple packets in an EAP conversation don’t go to the same server.

yes. they will. they'll get very annoyed and drop/reject the request as it means nothing
to them (there is no context or state etc known). ongoing packets mean nothing to another
server, caching etc wouldnt be present.... however, with normal /typical anycast the same server would be used until theres a problem - like dead server, at which point you'd
start using another server...which wouldnt be any different to having a dead server
anyway.

alan