FR3 reply ldap's attr when bind as a user

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Sun Mar 2 11:08:55 CET 2014

On 1 Mar 2014, at 08:42, Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb at freeradius.org> wrote:

> On 1 Mar 2014, at 07:50, zz d <zzd7zzd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I can bind as a user by configure in virtual server
>> authorize {
>>        update {
>>            control:Auth-Type := ldap
>>        }
>> }
>> It works well and can authenticate a user with LDAP .
>> The "radiusd -X" output like
>> (2) ldap : Performing search in 'ou=a,dc=b,dc=domain' with filter '(sAMAccountName=abc)'
>> (2) ldap : Waiting for search result...
>> (2) ldap : User object found at DN "CN=s,OU=s,OU=s,OU=a,DC=b,DC=domain"
>> (2) ldap : Waiting for bind result...
>> (2) ldap : Bind successful
>> (2) ldap : Bind as user "CN=a,OU=ab,OU=a,OU=qiyi,DC=b,DC=domain" was successful
>> What I want to do is update reply:Reply-Message with the user information, such as
>> reply:Reply-Message := "CN=a,OU=ab,OU=a,OU=qiyi,DC=b,DC=domain"
>> I've tried to update reply in "mods-available/ldap", but it not work.
>
> You need to list the LDAP module in Post-Auth or Accounting...

Oops. Sorry, I misread your message because your config is so broken.

RHS in update block is an attribute name, NOT a DN, there are clear and explicit instructions about how to use the update block RIGHT ABOVE THE UPDATE BLOCK.

I advise you READ THEM.

https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/master/raddb/mods-available/ldap#L28

FreeRADIUS Development Team