configuring multiple LDAPs

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Mar 2 16:55:57 CET 2014

Guy Bitansky wrote:
> Proxy requests that arrive to “MYREALM\<user_name>” to a custom virtual
> server that is handles LDAP requests.
>
> I defined the right proxy definitions in the proxy.conf and created the
> virtual server properly.

  That should be straightforward.

> The problem is that EAP is not carried out.
>
> In the default server it says: “eap : Request is supposed to be proxied
> to Realm XXXXXX. Not doing EAP.”.

  Because you configured it to proxy the EAP packets to a custom virtual
server.

> The thing is that when the request arrives at the authorize section of
> the virtual server, eap is not started again because the request still
> contains a proxy field and eap module lets it go.

  I don't know what that means.

> I thought that I could proxy the different incoming requests according
> to the realm of the user to the correct server, weather a virtual
> internal server or an external proxy server. This works pretty good
> except the eap part.

  If you want a virtual server to handle EAP authentication, you should
list "eap" in that virtual server.  Why are you proxying a realm to a
different virtual server, and then expecting the default one to
authenticate the user?  It doesn't make any sense.

  I'll also note you've been careful to *not* post a sample debug output.

  I think you've misunderstood what a virtual server is.  It's not a a
database.  You can't say "virtual server X does LDAP".  That virtual
server has to be a *complete* RADIUS server.  You need to configure the
authorize section, authenticate, etc.

  I think what you want to do is this:

- copy "sites-available/default" to "sites-enabled/realm1"
- copy "sites-available/default" to "sites-enabled/realm2"
- copy "sites-available/default" to "sites-enabled/realm3"

  Edit each of the above files to look up users in LDAP, AD, etc. as needed.

- create a *new* raddb/sites-enabled/default.  All it should do is proxy
requests to the other virtual servers.