About proxy mode, when all home servers are dead

regulus regulus lai_leo at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 5 02:26:44 CET 2014

Dear All,
I have a FreeRADIUS 2.2.3 run in proxy mode to 2 home RADIUS servers in failover mode.  The problem I face now is that when both home RADIUS servers are dead, FreeRADIUS will send a reject to NAS
>>ERROR: Failed to find live home server for realm net-yan.com>>There was no response configured: rejecting request 2
When NAS receive a reject, it won't failover to another redundant RADIUS.  Is there a way to configure FreeRADIUS such that it will not send another response back to NAS when all home RADIUS are dead?I have been studying the "do_not_respond" policy, but not sure how to use it in this case..
NAS --> primary: my FreeRADIUS  --> Home RADIUS       --> secondary:  another RADIUS  --> Home RADIUS

Thanks a lot!
Regards,Leo